Warzone Season 2 is set to introduce many quality-of-life changes to improve the game’s experience. If you are wondering which these are, here are all the Warzone quality-of-life improvements arriving in Season 2.
Warzone Season 2 brought plenty of new content and major changes into the game, including critical M&K accuracy improvements, new weapon buffs and nerfs, and a fresh Battle Pass filled with cosmetic content.
Additionally, devs are launching a roster of major quality-of-life improvements to enhance the game’s experience, fixing some long-awaited issues and concerns.
So, here are all the QoL changes introduced in Warzone Season 2.
Every quality-of-life change in Warzone Season 2
Raven Software shared over 10 quality-of-life improvements for Warzone Season 2, which are set to drastically improve how the game plays out, including new in-game notifications, visibility changes, and more.
Here are all of the QoL changes according to the blog:
- “Danger Zone” Tac Map Notification
- An icon has been added to the Tac Map to show the “Danger Zone” of an incoming Precision Air Strike. Players in this area are at risk of being damaged.
This icon will only show when players are within a close range of the Precision Air Strike, to preserve the player story of when a player sees a squad driving a vehicle and tactically targets the area they are driving into far ahead of them.
- Precision Air Strike Banner Radius
- Alongside the above, the distance at which players see the existing warning banner for a Precision Air Strike on the HUD has had a range increase.
Our approach to Quality of Life for this year of Warzone is that there are no ‘golden geese’ when it comes to addressing friction points in current gameplay loops. No matter how long a feature or system has worked in a certain manner, we are reviewing our internal data and player sentiment for outliers – of which the Precision Airstrike was overdue in improvements to its UX. We look forward to hearing what the community thinks of the above changes.
- UAV HUD Notification
- Players will now see a small red outline around their Minimap when they are under the influence of an enemy UAV in order to help better understand when they may be visible, or even pushed, by a team.
Moving forward, our goal is for systems to always have multiple callouts to guarantee that players don’t miss critical information in the heat of a firefight or engagement.
- Auto-Equip Durable Gas Mask
- Players will now auto-equip the durable gas mask over the regular gas mask by default.
- Players can still equip a regular gas mask over an equipped durable in the backpack.
- Redeploy Drone Ping
- The location of the ping icon for the Redeploy Drone has been moved to the bottom of the ascender to improve player navigation.
- Death Location Highlight
- The player’s death skull icon appears upon redeployment and remains visible until the player has landed.
- When the player has landed, the death icon will stay for an extra 10 seconds if the player landed near the death icon.
- Lootable Grenade Visibility
- Loadout Markers and Smoke Grenades are now easier to spot as ground loot – they are now up right and slightly elevated from the ground.
- This will now match the behavior of Deployable Buy Station grenades when they are on the ground.
- Auto-Equip Stowed Killstreaks
- Players will now auto-equip the next available Killstreak that is stowed in the backpack if a matching one is not found.
- Live Ping Fade
- While players are aiming down sights, live enemy pings will now fade away.
- Stow Equipped Perk Pack
- Players can now stow their equipped Perk Pack.