MW3 has its share of connection issues, and players are finding many error codes as they play. In a throwback to the Travis-Rilea error from last year’s MW2, error code 14515 is frustrating players, so here’s how to fix it.
MW3 had a tough launch, with many errors and angry players who are unable to play the way they want to. The game also has been the lowest-seen Call of Duty on Twitch since 2019’s Modern Warfare.
From bugs that have been there since MW2 and new online connecting issues, or the crowded server errors, MW3 has a lot to fix. These challenges are preventing players from playing the online features of the new entry in the rebooted Modern Warfare series.
If you tried to tackle a multiplayer match or a Zombies session, and you received error code 14515, you are not alone. Here’s everything you need to know about the 14515 error in Modern Warfare 3, from what’s causing it to what you can do to fix it.
MW3 error code 14515: What’s causing it
Error code 14515 appears when the server is overcrowded or down, so it’s important to check the server status, understand your server’s peak hours, and plan accordingly.
MW3 error code 14515: How to fix
MW3 error code 14515 has a few potential solutions from the player’s side to fix it:
- Restart the game: When you restart MW3 you will re-connect to the game servers. This might help solve error code 14515.
- Check the game’s server status: Check for any disruptions or connectivity issues with the game’s server. You can check this by visiting CoD’s official online services website.
- Restart your PC/console: Restarting your system will clear all the temporary files and reset MW3’s server connection.
- Check your internet connection: Always make sure to have a stable connection, since error code 14515 might appear if your ISP is causing trouble.
- Wait a few, and check back later: Patience is a virtue, and sometimes if MW3 servers are overcrowded, the only thing players can do is wait.
For more Modern Warfare 3, check out the rest of our guides: