Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Season 1 brings major updates to Warzone including all of its weapons, the new Urzikstan map, and highly requested quality of life changes. Several new Perks also arrive in Warzone and here’s how they all work.
Modern Warfare 3 has been a roaring success among the CoD playerbase so far, with players loving the return of classic features and faster, more responsive movement on MW2 2009’s classic maps.
Warzone players are also about to get some of the features that have made MW3 such a success on December 6 when the Urzikstan map arrives. Alongside quality-of-life changes, Raven Software have brought 10 new Perks as well as some that will always be enabled by default.
Here are all of the new Perks coming to Warzone with the Season 1 Urzikstan update.
New Perks in Warzone Season 1
10 new and returning Perks arrive in Warzone with the Season 1 update:
- Irradiated: Move faster and take less damage while in the gas.
- Tempered: Now also available as a Custom Perk, Tempered allows you to refill armor plates to full with two plates instead of three.
- Combat Scout: Bullets you fire briefly ping an enemy for you and your squad. Hitting the enemy from farther away increases the ping time.
- Resolute: When taking damage from gunfire, this grants a short bonus to movement speed.
- Shrouded: Drop a smoke grenade when downed.
- Mountaineer: Reduces fall damage.
- Stalker: Increased strafe and aim down sight movement speed.
- Escapist: Increased downed, prone, and crouch speed.
- Primed: Accuracy and time to aim down sight is improved while jumping.
- Faculty: Delay triggered explosives while sprinting, warns of nearby enemy equipment, and reduces combat noise.
Which slots these Perks are equipped in isn’t clear yet, but they all appear to be powerful choices. Shrouded will be extremely powerful if you don’t have a Thermal Sight equipped, so it could bring back an old meta.
Gas plays look to be more common if Irradiated becomes a meta pick, and Resolute looks to be similar to Serpentine from Warzone Caldera. However, instead of reducing damage while moving, you’ll move faster and will have a chance at getting away.
That’s not all though, as the controversial Combat Scout Perk returns with Modern Warfare 3’s integration, but will simply mark the player instead of highlighting them through walls.
Default Perks in Warzone Season 1
These five Warzone Perks are enabled by default, meaning they’ll be active from the moment you drop from the plane no matter how you build your loadout:
- Tac Pads: Improves slide distance and allows for full ADS while sliding, along with increased stance transition speeds.
- Commando Gloves: Enables reloading while running.
- Quick-Grip Gloves: Increases your weapon swap speed.
- Climbing Boots: Increases climbing and mantling speed aspect.
- Overkill: Allows you to pick two Primary Weapons.
Having these Perks enabled by default will make your movement feel much faster and more responsive, and you no longer need to dedicate an entire Perk slot to Overkill which should lead to more variety.