Xbox consoles have a useful game-sharing feature that allows players to share games with friends or family across consoles, that’s why many Modern Warfare 3 players are wondering, does MW3 support game sharing on Xbox?
The release of Modern Warfare 3 is rapidly approaching, scheduled for November 10 on all platforms. This highly-anticipated installment is poised to reintroduce many beloved fan-favorite features and movement mechanics to the franchise, exciting fans to dive into the game.
However, 2023 is packed with numerous video game releases, and MW3’s launch coincides with a busy release schedule, which can strain players’ budgets due to the influx of titles. Fortunately, Xbox offers a system that avoids the necessity of multiple purchases, allowing players to share games with friends or family members.
So, are you able to use Xbox’s game share feature in Modern Warfare 3? Here’s all you need to know.
Can you game share Modern Warfare 3 on Xbox?
At the moment, Xbox haven’t confirmed game sharing support for Modern Warfare 3, meaning that currently, players aren’t able to game share MW3 on Xbox consoles.
Trusted CoD source, BobNetworkUK, has backed up that the game sharing feature for MW3 may not be available. However, it’s important to remember that no official confirmation has been provided yet, so it’s wise to approach this information with caution.
How does game share work on Xbox?
Xbox users can easily activate game sharing, enabling friends or family members to treat their Xbox as if it were their own console, granting them access to your entire game library on their own devices.
This system works by giving your designated home Xbox a license from the Xbox network when you install a digital game. This license is tied to your home Xbox and stays valid indefinitely unless you change your home Xbox, ensuring you can play your digital games both online and offline.
How to enable game sharing on Xbox
If you’re looking to know how to enable Xbox’s game sharing, here’s a full breakdown of every step you should complete to activate and use this feature:
- Boot up your Xbox console.
- Sign in to your Xbox Live account.
- Press the Xbox button and navigate to the menu’s left side.
- When you come across the ‘Add New’ option, simply press the ‘A’ button on your controller to add your friend’s account.
- Enter your friend’s login credentials.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and adjust your preferences as directed.
- Press the Xbox button, select ‘Sign in,‘ then, select your friend’s account that you’ve just added.
- Press the Xbox button and head to the ‘Settings‘ option.
- Select ‘Personalization‘ followed by ‘My home Xbox.‘
- Choose the ‘Make this my home Xbox‘ option.
- Once that’s complete, you’ll need to follow the same steps for your friend’s Xbox. This involves entering your Xbox Live login information and designating their console as your home Xbox.
All in all, that’s everything you need to know about Xbox’s game sharing feature for Modern Warfare 3. Be sure to keep an eye on this piece in case new information is revealed.
Meanwhile, you can check out our other guides on the game: