Modern Warfare 3 is now live around the world and players might be facing a familiar issue of packet bursts. If this is ruining your gameplay, here are all the simple steps that’ll help you fix packet bursts in MW3.
Modern Warfare 3 is finally here, much to the excitement of Call of Duty fans. The latest title in the CoD franchise not only brings all the maps from classic MW2 and beloved features like the slide cancel but also introduces a Zombies mode for the first time in the Modern Warfare series.
However, you’ll have a hard time enjoying MW3 if you’re facing packet loss issues. These issues pop up sometimes in Call of Duty titles as ‘Packet burst’ and can lead to gameplay and visual issues like stutter and lag.
If you’re experiencing this problem, you’ll see three squares along with “Packet burst” text on your screen. So, here are a few ways to fix the packet burst issue in Modern Warfare 3.
How to fix packet burst in MW3
The best way to fix packet burst, lag, or stuttering issues in MW3 is by restarting the device you’re playing on. When you restart your PC, Xbox, or PlayStation, it allows MW3 to reset and eliminate most network or server issues.
However, if the issue continues to exist in your game, here are a few simple fixes that can help:
- Reboot Router: Close the game and then reset your router. If you’re having network issues, leading to packet bursts, this will help resolve those issues in MW3.
- Switch to Ethernet: Playing on Wi-Fi can lead to packet loss problems, so connect to an Ethernet cable to go online on your gaming platform.
- Disable Crossplay: You cannot disable crossplay on PC but can toggle it off on PlayStation and Xbox.
• On PlayStation 4/5, head to MW3 Settings, then ‘Account & Network’, and disable crossplay in the ‘Online’ tab.
• For Xbox One and Series X/S, head to Settings → Account → Privacy & online safety → Xbox privacy → View details and customize → Communication & multiplayer, then turn off the ‘You can join cross-network play’ option.
- Disable On-Demand Texture Streaming: This setting is available on consoles only and can be turned off by navigating to Settings, then Graphics.
- Contact Support: If none of the above methods help eliminate packet bursts or lag issues, contact Activision Support.
So there you have it! We hope these fixes will help resolve your packet burst or loss issues in MW3. For more content on MW3, make sure to check out the following: