Modern Warfare 3 offers crossplay, which allows you to connect and play with other players who are on different platforms. However, if you prefer a fairer matchmaking, here’s how you can turn off crossplay in Modern Warfare 3.
Modern Warfare 3 inherits MW2‘s addition of a crossplay feature, allowing you to engage in gameplay with your friends over different platforms. This feature also expands the player base and simplifies matchmaking by enabling players to confront opponents from every available platform.
Nonetheless, not all players are enthusiastic about this feature, especially considering that it can present challenges for console players when facing opponents who have the pinpoint accuracy of a keyboard and mouse.
Therefore, if you want to avoid having crossplay in Modern Warfare 3, then here’s how to turn it off.
Turning off crossplay in Modern Warfare 3
First and foremost, the method of turning off crossplay is different on both PlayStation and Xbox consoles, and, unfortunately, PC users do not have the luxury of disabling crossplay yet.
Fewer Ads|Dark Mode|Deals in Gaming, TV and Movies, and Tech
If you are a PlayStation user, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- From the Modern Warfare 3 menu, click the Options button to open the game’s Settings.
- Select Account & Network.
- When entered, you’ll see the Crossplay option inside the Online section.
- Toggle the Crossplay option to ‘Off.’
If you’re an Xbox user, here’s what you need to do to turn off crossplay in MW3:
- Head to the main Xbox console settings.
- Go to the Online Safety and Family tab.
- Select Privacy and Online Safety.
- Open Xbox Privacy and scroll to Communication and Multiplayer.
- Set the cross-network play setting to block.
If you decide to change your mind at any point or if you find that the matchmaking wait time is longer than you prefer, just follow these steps again and switch the options back to their default to open the floodgates yet again.
It’s also important to note that for Xbox users, you may have to restart your console for the setting to work, so it’s worth doing that after completing the steps.
For even more Modern Warfare 3, be sure to check out our other guides: