Modern Warfare 3 will bring a transformed Perk system, changing the mechanic into Gear. Here’s every piece of Gear in the game, which is essentially all of the Perks available.
Modern Warfare 3 is on the horizon, and as players get their hands on early access for the campaign, many want the full details on the new multiplayer mechanics, from movement and weapons to Perks and Equipment.
Luckily, we now have the full list of Perks available in the game, which are now called Gear in MW3. Sledgehammer Games have revamped the Perk system with Gear, which provides in-game benefits just like Perks would.
Here is every piece of Gear you can select in Modern Warfare 3, including their benefits.
Perks are now baked into Gear in Modern Warfare 3.
Every Perk in MW3: All Gear
The Perks are broken down into Gear in MW3, and there are four slots for Gear in the game. These four slots are Vest, Gloves, Boots, and Gear. Here’s a full list of them all:
Every MW3 Vest Perk
- Demolition: Resupply Lethal and Tactical equipment every 25 seconds.
- Gunner: Two Primary weapons, deploy with max ammo and improved reload speed.
- Engineer: Spot enemy Equipment, Field Upgrades, and Killstreaks through walls. Aiming down sights marks them for the team.
- Infantry: Increases Tac Sprint duration and reduces refresh time.
- CCT Comms: Increases duration enemies stay on radar and zooms out radar for you and nearby allies. Enemies you kill drop intel packs, which generate a radar ping for you and nearby allies when collected.
- Overkill: Mastery of weapon mobility. Increased weapon swap speed. Reload while sprinting. Duplicate effects do not stack.
Every MW3 Glove Perk
- Quick-Grip: Increased weapon swap speed.
- Scavenger: Resupply ammunition and throwing knives from dead players.
- Commando: Reload while sprinting.
- Ordnance: Throw equipment farther. Reset fuse timer on thrown back grenades.
- Marksman: Reduced sway and flinch while ADS.
- Assault: While jumping, accuracy and time to ADS is improved.
Every MW3 Boot Perk
- Lightweight: Increases movement and swim speed, and reduces noise while swimming.
- Climbing: Increased climbing and mantling speed. Reduces fall damage.
- Stalker: Increased strafe and ADS movement speed.
- Tactical Pads: Increases slide distance and allows for full ADS while sliding. Increases stance transition speeds and crouched movement speed.
- Covert Sneakers: Eliminates footstep sounds
- Running Sneakers: Increases Tac Sprint duration and reduces refresh time.
Every MW3 Gear Perk
- EOD Padding: Reduces damage from non-Killstreak explosives and fire.
- Tac Mask: Reduces strength of enemy flash, stun, and Gas Grenades. Immunity to shock, EMP, and Snapshot Grenades.
- Mission Control Comlink: Reduce Killstreak cost by 1. Reduce Scorestreak cost by 125.
- Bone Conduction Headset: Reduces combat noise, allowing improved identification of enemy footsteps and gunshots.
- L/R Detector: Warns of hostile laser and radiation sources
- Ghost T/V Camo: While moving, blocks detection from UAVs, enemy radar sources, and Heartbeat Sensors.
- Mag Holster: Improved reload speed.
- Blacklight Flashlight: Shows recent enemy footsteps.
- Threat Identification System: While ADS, automatically pings enemy locations in crosshairs.
- Data Jacker: Enemies you kill drop a smartphone. Collecting the smartphone generates a radar ping from that location.
- Signal Jammer: Emits a signal disrupting placed enemy claymores and mines. Warns of nearby enemy equipment.
- Hijacked IFF Strobe: Undetectable by AI targeting systems and thermal optics. Does not highlight in enemy Tactical Cameras or Recon Drones.
This new Gear Perk system is more contextual, as the Perks you gain from the Gear relate to the area of the body they have been added to. Boots will aid movement, while the Vest will give you benefits such as Resupply, as your Operator will hold Equipment in their Vest.
Is Dead Silence in MW3?
Yes, Dead Silence is in Modern Warfare 3 as a Field Upgrade. You can also get a similar effect with the Covert Sneakers.
If you’d like to see more guides on MW3, make sure you check out:
How to play Modern Warfare 3 campaign early access | Modern Warfare 3 campaign: Storyline, characters & missions | Modern Warfare 3 returning features | What are Modern Warfare 3 After-Market Parts? | Can you slide cancel in Modern Warfare 3? | What is Modern Warfare 3 Tac-Stance?