As the Black Ops Cold War Beta is now open for everyone, Treyarch has released a game settings update with some fixes and updates for the game.
This update brings a new mode, new Level Cap for the beta, and some updates to the Fireteam: Dirty Bomb mode. Treyarch has also brought some stability fixes for the beta to help with issues some players are experiencing.
Control joins the Quick Play selection of 6v6 modes today in the Crossplay Open Beta. We’re excited to bring back this Black Ops 4 fan-favorite, where opposing teams fight to capture or defend two objectives on the map or wipe out the other team before running out of lives.
Each team of up to six players has 30 lives distributed among the team, injecting a new layer of strategy for both attacking and defending teams. Jump into Control this weekend on Cartel, Miami, and Moscow and let us know what you think.
LEVEL CAP INCREASE
All players now have access to the following by reaching level 40:
- RPD light machine gun
- RPG-7 launcher
- Magnum pistol + more
- Air Patrol
- Chopper Gunner
- Perk Greed
- FIELD UPGRADE
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb
- Reduced the chances that players will join a match already in progress.
- Reduced the spawn frequency of the Hind.
- Reduced the drop rates of War Machine and Attack Helicopter Scorestreaks.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when players joined a Fireteam: Dirty Bomb match and were assigned an invalid team.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in Fireteam: Dirty Bomb if a player disconnected while depositing Uranium.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when killing other players while in a vehicle that was just destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where the Gunsmith button could be missing after selecting a new weapon.
- Prevented the player’s name from being displayed in the Barracks menu if Real ID was enabled in Battle.net.
The Black Ops Cold War Crossplay Open Beta ends on Monday, October 19 at 10AM PT.